Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Totally Wired will act as a “data controller” for any personal data that you provide to us. As such, we will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulations and associated data protection laws currently applicable in the UK.
Please note that failure to provide your personal data may result in us being unable to offer services that you may require.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
- We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- To set up effective communications with you.
- To enable services and deliveries to be made correctly.
- To set up contracts and accounts correctly.
We rely upon the following laws to process your personal data:
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with the individual, or because they have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Who we will share your personal data with?
To deliver services to you it may be necessary for us to share your personal data with the following organisations / partners:
- Electrical Wholesalers (for agreed deliveries of goods).
- Electrical District Network Operators.
- Other recommended trades (only when agreed with you).
- Credit Organisations for credit checks (only when agreed with you).
- Local Authorities (for building regulations and certification purposes).
How long will we hold your personal data?
Totally Wired will retain your name, address and contract file for seven years after we have provided our last service to you. This is held for accounting compliance for HMRC. No other data will be held or stored after a contract is complete.
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights;
- The right of access to your own personal data
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine readable format
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact us here: email@example.com
Please note these rights are not absolute and each request will be treated individually in accordance with the applicable laws.
Your right to complain
If you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Totally Wired, you should contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with our Customer Feedback/Complaints Procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below.
Information Commissioner’s Office